Graduate Student Resources

The following information will be helpful for the Spring 2021 semester.

Important dates

  • Payment Due Date/Cancellation for non-payment – January 13, 2021
  • First day of classes - January 20, 2021
  • Last day to add, drop a course with no grade - January 27, 2021 @ 11:59 pm
  • Last day to change Grade Type (P/NC or Audit) – January 27, 2021
  • Last day to submit a grade replacement request – January 27, 2021
  • 2nd Cancellation for non-payment – January 28, 2021
  • Spring Recess, no classes – February 8, 2021 to February 13, 2021*
  • Deadline for all students to apply for May 2021 graduation – February 24, 2021
  • Master’s Thesis Proposal Defense Deadline – February 24, 2021
  • Last day to withdraw from course(s) @ 11:59 pm; grade subject to Withdrawal Policy – March 25, 2021
  • April 5, 2021    Registration for Summer and Fall 2021 begins – April 5, 2021
  • Doctoral Dissertation Defense Deadline – April 19, 2021
  • Doctoral Dissertation Submission Deadline – April 28, 2021
  • Day of Remembrance, no classes – April 30, 2021
  • Last day of classes - May 5, 2021 
  • Reading Day - May 6, 2021 
  • Final Examinations - May 7-13, 2021 

*Please note the change in Spring Break dates

Academic Calendar Highlights Spring 2021

  • Classes will begin as scheduled on Wednesday, January 20, but all classes will be delivered online/remotely until Monday, Feb.22.
  • On Feb. 22, classes scheduled to be hybrid or face-to-face this semester will begin meeting on campus and continue meeting in-person for the remainder of the semester. All other classes will continue in online/remote delivery.
  • Friday, April 30, will once again be a day of remembrance for our community, and no classes will be held. More information on events for that day will be shared later in the semester via Niner Nation emails.
  • Classes will end as planned on May 5, with exams beginning May 7.


Answers to questions regarding Admissions, Student Funding, Academics, Faculty and Staff and more can be found at this link:

Graduate School Website as a Resource

Please go to the Graduate School website for important information you will need this semester. Use this link for the Graduate School homepage.


To get important information about the various forms you may need this semester use this link for Graduate School Forms

Note: Master's Student Forms are submitted electronically through DocuSign unless otherwise noted. See steps below.

  1. To begin a new form simply click the link, follow the instructions on the Powerform Signer to enter names and NON-ALIAS email address for your advisor/committee chair, committee members and graduate program director, depending on the requirements of the form.
  2. Enter your NinerNet credentials when prompted and then follow the instructions for data entry, etc. on the form.
  3. You can track your form within DocuSign by logging into using your non-alias email address and NinerNet credentials and follow the instructions for managing envelopes.
  4. If you have questions or need to make a change after submitting, please contact
  5. For more information about DocuSign you may find the FAQ helpful.

Barnes & Noble Charlotte Textbooks

All Spring ’21 Barnes & Noble Charlotte textbook orders must be placed online. Textbooks may be shipped, picked up in-store or through curbside pick-up. Curbside pick-up will be available 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Monday – Friday until January 29th, 2021.

Graduation Application

To apply to graduate with a doctoral or master's degree, or a graduate certificate: Log into, select Banner Self-Service, Student Services, Student Records, and Online Graduation Application. Click "Continue" if this is the first time a graduation application has been submitted, or "Create a New Application" if one has been submitted previously. After completing all sections, click the "Submit" button.


By accepting admission to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, graduate students indicate that they are ultimately responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures that govern their education at the university. That responsibility requires that all graduate students know where to find the academic policies of the Graduate School and any additional requirements of their specific programs. All academic policies are published annually in the Graduate Catalog.