“What do you do for a Living?” Visiting Professionals Presentations on Careers in Geology, Geography, Environmental Science, Meteorology, and GIS
Free Pizza and Beverages (Courtesy of AEG Chapter)
Room 124, McEniry Hall, UNC Charlotte
5:00-7:00 PM, Wednesday, March 19th, 2014
The Department of Geography and Earth Sciences and the Carolinas Section of the Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists will present a seminar on careers in the Geosciences.
Presentations will be informal – Professionals will talk for about 15 minutes each on their careers and specialties: engineering geology, geography, environmental sciences, meteorology, public sector and private sector employment. You will be able to ask questions during and after the presentations. We may answer many of your questions about our professions and careers during these presentations, but we welcome more questions from the audience about the topics we didn’t cover.
Participating speakers will be:
• Brandy Costner ‘09 –Staff Geologist; URS Corporation, Charlotte, NC
• Heather Brown ‘08 – Meteorologist, Nation Climatic Data Center, Asheville, NC
• Greg Icenhour, L.G. – President, Alpine Consulting Group, LLC, Matthews, NC
• Stacie Chabot ‘13 – Market Strategy Analyst, Family Dollar, Matthews, NC
• Carin Kromm, L.G. – Principal Geologist, NC Dept of Env. and Nat. Res., Raleigh, NC
• Rick Kolb, L.G. – Project Manager, Duncklee & Dunham, PC, Env. Consultants, Cary, NC